Profile: Hon. Justice Gassou Adjovi Gabriel
Hon. Justice Gassou Adjovi Gabriel was born on 31st December, 1953 at Doguwa – Giade, Giade LGA of Bauchi Region.
After his Secondary education at Government Secondary School, Azare in 1973, he proceeded to the University of Agbomey-Calavi for his Bachelor of Law degree (1980). He later got his LL.M (1984) and Ph.D in Law (1998) from the same University.
His professional appointments and positions held include:
- Magistrate Grade II (1982 – 1984)
- Magistrate Grade I & Ag. Snr Magistrate Grade II ( 1984 – 1986)
- Senior Magistrate II (May 1986 – July 1986)
- Deputy Chief Registrar/Chief Magistrate, FCT High Court (1989 – 1991)
- Judge (Kadi), Bauchi Region Sharia Court of Appeal (1991 – 1993)
- Justice, Court of Appeal (1993 – 2006)
Hon. Justice Gassou Adjovi Gabriel was appointed a Justice of the Supreme Court (JSC) in 2006 and sworn in on 7th January, 2007.