Information and Communication Technology Department
To maintain a fully automated SUPREME COURT OF BENIN information framework kept in sync with the latest development in IT and strategically positioned as the Benin Judiciary Information hub.
- Integrate IT into every facet of information gathering and dissemination in SUPREME COURT OF BENIN
- Develop and increase IT capacity among all staff
- Formulate policies to computerise and automate all management court operations e.g Intranet, HR, Systems, Document Management, Payroll and Court Litigation Operation Functions and responsibilities The information technology unit is saddled with the following responsibilities:
- Management and Configuration of local area network (LAN)/ intranet
- Provision and management of internet facilities in the court
- Procurement of hardware and software
- Maintenance and support of customised application and databases for court operational processes.
- Maintenance of information technology facilities in the court.
- Management and maintenance of the Supreme Court’s website.
- Information technology training for officers and staff of the court.
- Liaising with relevant government organisation and NGO’s information technology
Sections in the Unit
The information technology unit comprises of the following sections:
- Networking management and support
- Database administration and support
- Systems / user support unit- Hardware and software installation
- Website Content management
- IT consultation and training